Security Management- tailor-made
Location: Your choice, Worldwide (tailor-made)
Given the insecure and often rapidly changing environments in which aid agencies work, safety and security management is not an optional extra.
This intensive course will enable participants to identify the key requirements for managing security in complex emergencies and conflict zones by practicing essential techniques in risk management, security assessment and crisis response.The course draws on field case studies, the current humanitarian environment and the security management practices used by humanitarian bodies internationally.
By using the tailor-made service you are not limited to the full five days of the standard SM course, nor the specific topic areas covered. We would be happy to tailor the agenda to meet the needs of your organisation by adapting, adding or removing modules.
Who should attend?
- Those preparing for deployment to insecure areas
- Security managers
- Field programme managers responsible for security
- HQ staff responsible for security/risk management
- Staff with a strategic/organisation responsibility for security
What does the course cover?
- Environmental scanning
- Threat, vulnerability and risk assessment
- Application of risk standards and models
- Incident response, analysis, reporting and information management
- Security strategies, policy and planning
- Skills and resources required to implement a security plan
- Crisis management
- Operational continuity
- Team management through security programming
- Psycho-social support
By the end of the course participants be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of key security management skills and their use in relation to setting and achieving programme goals when managing humanitarian emergencies
- Work effectively in reviewing and enhancing security management practice and procedures in the field
- Evaluate on personal performance and that of others in relation to security in emergencies
- Communicate effectively to different audiences in the field humanitarian of practice using appropriate media
As a guide, the Security Management Workshop usually runs between three to five days. However, we would be delighted to work with you to create the training solution that best meets your needs.
For more information, to discuss course content, or for a quote, please contact our training team.
Return to listing