22 - 24 Aug 2017
Length: 3 days
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
About the course
Improving the quality of humanitarian practice and ensuring the effectiveness of responses to complex emergencies is a key aim shared by humanitarian agencies. Thus, monitoring and evaluation are essential activities for any project or programme. Careful monitoring of progress against targets allows timely changes to be made to maximise impact. Evaluation ensures accountability to all parties concerned, and allows learning to be carried through to future interventions.
This course aims to develop the competencies needed to monitor and evaluate interventions in humanitarian and development contexts. Through proactive and participatory activities, this course aims to instill a solid understanding of appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools as well as the ability to apply these tools in practice.
What does the workshop cover?
• Evidence Based Programming
• The importance of information and knowledge in programming and decision making
• The main principles and techniques of M&E
• Stakeholders requirements in regard to M&E
• Improving programmes utilising M&E results
• Strengthening the capacities of programme staff
• Assessing current M&E systems, identifying gaps and addressing them
• Address the challenges in planning for and implementing M&E systems in the Middle East
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Define the concepts and purposes of monitoring and evaluation
• Outline roles and responsibilities for monitoring and evaluation
• Design a framework for a monitoring and evaluation system
• Identify appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques and tools
• Develop a strategic plan for implementing a monitoring and evaluation system
Who should attend?
This course is aimed specifically at programme officers, coordinators, M&E officers, and those who are involved or participate in monitoring and evaluation activities and want to further improve their monitoring and evaluation abilities and their M&E system.
|Early Bird Fee||Standard Fee|
Early Bird Fee: For those who register and pay at least one month before the start date of the course.
Standard Fee: For those who register and pay within one month of the start date of the course.
This fee includes 3 days face-to-face training, all lunch and coffee breaks, a printed workbook that accompanies the course and basic stationary.