Location: Your choice, Worldwide (tailor-made)
Logistics and the supply chain have never been more important to providing effective humanitarian assistance. As a sector, it is crucial that we explore ways of minimising costs while maximising the impact of aid: With logistics activities accounting for the major proportion of the costs involved in a disaster relief operation, it is crucial that those working in the area are equipped with the latest knowledge. This is a highly participatory course, with group exercises and theory based sessions, allowing you to experience what it is like to be at the centre of an emergency response in a challenging simulation.
By using the tailor-made service you are not limited to the full five days of the standard Field Logistics in Emergencies course, nor the specific topic areas covered. We would be happy to tailor the agenda to meet the needs of your organisation by adapting, adding or removing modules.
Logistics Coordinators and Managers from the field or HQ
• Describe the role and responsibilities of a logistician in a humanitarian programme
• Identify key procedures and documentation required to establish effective and accountable logistics services and infrastructure
• Identify the key principles and components of humanitarian supply chain management and procurement
• Plan an effective process for warehousing, inventory control and distribution of commodities to beneficiaries
• Plan and manage an effective asset management process
• Define the principles of fleet and vehicle management
• Explain the basic principles, advantage and limitations of key radio and satellite communication systems and describe how these are managed in the field
• Identify key human resources issues facing a logistician in recruiting and managing a local logistics team
• Describe the basic principles of financial administration, budgeting and cost control in accordance with donor regulations
• Recognise the challenges of maintaining site security in difficult circumstances
As a guide, the Field Logistics in Emergencies workshop usually runs between three to five days. However, we would be delighted to work with you to create the training solution that best meets your needs.
For more information, to discuss course content, or for a quote, please contact our training team.